Evaluate and snapshot your position throughout a complex enterprise sales engagement. Individual scores are created for Relationship coverage, Strategy, Value proposition, and Process alignment with the buyer. Create Opportunity Qualification Snapshots now within your free myRSVPselling™ account. In future, once you're a Registered User or Member, simply click myRSVPselling on the upper navigation bar to login and use the tool.
Alternatively, buy the customizable Excel spreadsheet included with Inner Circle Membership package.
The Importance of Opportunity Qualification
You cannot sell to someone who is unable to buy. As self-evident as that may be, many sales people waste precious time with people who cannot make a buying decision. Qualification is the process of establishing whether it is possible to conduct mutually beneficial business and whether you have a high probability of winning if you choose to invest in a sales process. It is essential to focus resources where there is a high likelihood of success.
Successful sales people actually disqualify prospective buyers based on whether there is a serious or compelling problem (or opportunity) that has the necessary funding for resolution (or realization), and with the seller’s product or service being an ideal fit. The best sales people understand that there is no shortage of qualified prospects, there is just a shortage of time and available resources to invest in the right opportunities. They don't waste their time, energy or resources with people or organizations they cannot genuinely help or where they cannot reasonably expect to win. They accept that not everyone is a prospect. Here is a basic qualification checklist:
• Have you been early and influenced the selection criteria and process?
• Do you have direct positive access to the senior person with authority?
• Is there an acknowledged serious problem and deadline to buy?
• Do they acknowledge and desire your unique value proposition?
• Can they afford your solution and do they have the necessary funding?
• Does the potential revenue justify the required sales investment?
• Is your product or solution an ideal fit for their requirements?
• Is the competition known and understood (internal and external)?
• Is their evaluation, selection and procurement process fully understood?
• Can you successfully implement a solution for the customer?
These are just some of the questions covered in the RSVP Opportunity Qualification Tool.